I was inspired by a blog I read recently on the “25 Warning Signs That You Hate Your Job.” I’ve definitely been there, which is why I quit an unfulfilling career to form my own business. It’s a scary proposition, but I know I did the right thing.
How do I know? There are telltale signs every day, and they are unmistakable.
Here are my Top 10 Signs You’re Fulfilling Your Life Purpose:
10. YOU CAN’T STOP DOING THE WORK YOU LOVE. You sit down to work at night, or you awaken in the middle of the night to open your computer — telling yourself you’re just going to jot down a few ideas and notes for 15 minutes and it turns into 3 hours.
9. YOU WAKE UP REFRESHED EVERY DAY. No matter how late you went to bed, you wake up in the morning ready and eager to do the work you love.
8. YOU DON’T NOTICE THE PASSAGE OF TIME. When you sit down to work, you have to set the alarm to remind you to eat lunch, or pick up the kids from school.
7. THE UNIVERSE SENDS ANSWERS TO YOUR TROUBLES OR WORRIES. When you’re worried about money, a refund check suddenly arrives in the mail, for a $300 doctor’s bill you accidentally paid twice.
6. YOUR EYES ARE SPARKLING. When you look in the mirror, instead of focusing on what’s wrong, you are drawn to your eyes, which seem to twinkle.
5. YOU’RE ENGAGING IN STIMULATING CONVERSATIONS — WITH EIGHT-YEAR-OLDS. All of a sudden, because you are fully present, you are having philosophical discussions with your children about topics like whether spiders in the house should be killed or released into the backyard.
4. YOU GET FREE LUNCHES. People invite you to lunch and insist on paying, because they say they’re inspired when they talk to you.
3. YOU GET PERFECT, SPOT-ON, EFFECTIVE ADVICE — FOR FREE. You’ll read something or someone will say something to you, which leads you to the answer you were looking for.
2. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YOUR LIFE, YOU BELIEVE IN ANGELS. Someone or something is helping you with your work. The ideas, the inspiration, the advice, the uplifting energy and the strength are so beautiful — they are unlike anything you’ve experienced before. Where do these ideas, thoughts and feelings come from?
#1. And the number one sign you’re fulfilling your life purpose: YOU GLOW. Everywhere you go, people say you’ve changed. You look and feel relaxed and happy. You still have worries and setbacks, but your flame never dims. It may flicker, but YOUR LIGHT NEVER DIMS.
From Katy Perry’s song, Firework: “…There’s a spark in you, You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine …”
btw – my 8-year-old daughter asked me download this song for her. It’s the perfect message for me : )